Chung Ting Fai
Chung Ting Fai is a certified Advocate and Solicitor in Singapore. He is the founder of Chung Ting Fai & Co Advocates and Solicitors.
With over 21 years of experience in the legal arena, Ting Fai’s specialties span many areas of practice, which range from Criminal law to Intellectual Property law. He has represented clients across all jurisdictions and was involved in many high-profile cases which were reported in various media channels.
Apart from his legal work in the firm, Ting Fai pens a column “Legal Affairs” in the leading Chinese daily newspaper, “Lianhe Zao Bao”, where he shares his legal knowledge and anecdotes with the general public. He is also frequently invited to express his legal opinions on various cases and to speak at business forums and international seminars.
Ting Fai is also strongly active in community work and service and has headed the Hong Kong Community in Singapore as the President of Kowloon Club from 1997 to 2009. He is currently the Chairman for the Singapore Loving and Giving Society, a position he undertook since 2014.
- LLB. (Hon) National University of Singapore (1989)
- Admitted as Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (1990)
- 1st China Asean Legal Training Course, Guangxi University of Nationalities, China (2007)
Professional Highlights and Appointments
- Appointed as Mediator of Shantung Mediation and Arbitration Centre (2000)
- Appointed as Arbitrator of Qinzhou Arbitration Centre, Guanxi Autonomous Region (2005)
- Appointed as Assistant Registrar of Marriage for Hong Kong and Chinese Immigrants (2006)
- Adjunct Lecturer on Intellectual Property and Master of Science Technopreneurship and Innovation at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (2006)
- Appointed as Honorary President of Tian Fu Association (Association for Sichuanese Immigrants in Singapore) (2006)
- Adjunct Professor at the Guangxi University of Nationalities (2008)
- Judge for the prestigious China Jessup Cup Moot competition (2011)
- Appointed as Adjunct Tutor at the International Legal Professionals Pilot Class of International Law School of Southwest University of Political Science and Law (SWUPL) (2013)
Some of Mr Chung’s clients include the following:
|Government of the People’s Republic of ChinaThe HK SAR government
China Guardian Auction Ltd
|Moiselle Group LtdXinhua News Agency
China Travel Services (Singapore)
Challenger Pte Ltd
- Book “Legal Affairs” (2010)
- Book “Legal Affairs” (2012)
Community & Social Services
- Recipient of the Public Service Medal (PBM) (2000)
- President of the Kowloon Club (1997 – 2003, 2005 – 2009)
- Hon. General Secretary of Singa Sino Friendship Association (1999 – 2008)
- Treasurer of the Singapore China Friendship Association (2008)
- Chairman of the Singapore Loving and Giving Society (2014)